We also invite entries for the ASEAN Food Festival, which aims to promote sustainable food systems in the region. We welcome entries from students, faculty, food producers, entrepreneurs, and food enthusiasts who are innovating sustainable food systems in ASEAN.
The participants of the Festival will enter the ASEAN “digital” kitchen and be taken to another level of AI-ASEAN cooking experience. Entries should be AI-generated recipes of regional cuisines that promote sustainability, innovative food products, and sustainable production and distribution practices.
Food Festival Mechanics:
1. Find out what are the top ingredients from 10 ASEAN countries that promote sustainability and food security.
2. Explain why these ingredients are sustainable and express the identity of ASEAN food culture.
3. Select 5 ingredients and request AI to come up with a recipe. Refer to this link https://letsfoodie.com/ai-recipe-generator/ to see a sample of how AI is used in the recipe. You can use AI programs for your entry such as https://chat.openai.com/chat, https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=ai+generated+cooking+recipes&bshm=bshqp/1
4. Video-record and annotate your process of cooking the AI-generated recipe in not more than 3 minutes.
5. Submit in Mp4 format together with a brief description of your food product or innovation via email to [email protected] no later than the 3rd of August 2023. Please include your contact information, product description, and a photograph of your entry.
Finalist entries will be showcased during the ASEANnale, and participants will have the opportunity to share their knowledge and experiences on promoting sustainable food systems in ASEAN.
Criteria for Judging for the Food Festival
- Sourcing and Ingredients – 25%
- how the recipe can encourage local sourcing, promote local farming, and reduce carbon emissions associated with long-distance transportation;
- how the recipe can encourage the use of organically organic and sustainably produced ingredients, which minimize the use of harmful pesticides, promote biodiversity, and support environmentally friendly agricultural practices;
- how the recipe can encourage a variety of plant-based food options to promote sustainable diets, reduce the environmental impact of livestock production, and cater to attendees with different dietary preferences.
- Contribution to waste reduction, water conservation, and energy efficiency – 25%
- how the recipe can encourage the practice of recycling, water conservation, and the use of energy-efficient cooking strategies to minimize energy consumption during food preparation and storage.
- Education and Awareness – 20%
- How the recipe can encourage people to choose sustainable and healthy food, practice sustainable food preparation and storage, and make conscious food choices.
- How the recipe can inspire individuals to make positive changes in their own lives.
- Community Engagement – 20%
- How the recipe can support local community organizations and initiatives that promote healthy living, sustainability in food production and consumption, and food security;
- How the recipe fosters partnerships within the community that promote access to healthy food, reduce food waste, and support sustainable agriculture.
- Food Recovery – 10%
- How the recipe can encourage food recovery rather than going to waste.
We look forward to receiving your entries and to your participation in ASEANnale 2023.