Eligibility for the Film and Multimedia competition
- Any higher education student and faculty member in collaboration or individually from any higher education institution from any ASEAN member country can join the competition; they can be an undergraduate or graduate student. Professionals are disqualified from this competition.
- The student should be registered/enrolled in their respective higher education school, college or university during the period of ASEANale.
- The faculty should be a full-time, part-time faculty me or lecturer.
- Creative works to be accepted must be in the following formats:
- Celluloid film origination (Super 8mm, 16mm, and 35mm) transferred to digital format.
- Analog video format origination transferred to digital format.
- Digital format origination recorded in DVD disc that can be played back using any standard DVD player.
- Digitized version of the entry on MP4 in a USB/Flashdrive.
- Entries must have been produced in the last two years (not earlier than January 2015).
- Entries that have been entered in other international or local competitions can be submitted.
- Entries that have been entered and have won in other international and local competitions can be submitted.
- ASEAN higher education students can submit a maximum of three (3) entries in each competition category.
Competition categories for the Film and Multimedia competition
- Narrative Film (should be maximum of 20 minutes TRT).
- Documentary Film (should be maximum of 20 minutes TRT).
- Animation Film (TRT is from 3 to 5 minutes)
- Experimental Film (TRT from 30 seconds to maximum of 3 minutes)
- Public Service Announcement (should have maximum of 3 minutes TRT)
- Multimedia Materials (e.g. interactive, installation, and mixed media)
* TRT = Total Running Time